Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crazy Schedule

I've just realised that my last posting was almost 3 weeks ago! How time flies when you're busy.

Since my return from Melbourne, things have been happening with the speed of an airplane. I expected myself to be busy making the final preparations for the big move but I never expected my training assignments to pick up speed too. Suddenly, from no jobs for the last 3 months, I'm training 3 times a week in the month of June. I couldn't back out as I had previously agreed and they had no other trainer available.

So here I am, making use of whatever available off days to give or pack away the million and one household stuff that I've accumulated over the past years. By now, most of the major items like furniture, electrical appliances and toys have already been settled. I'm really amazed that it's the little little things that are more stressful to decide what to do with them. I wish I could bring them along but I'm near my maximum luggage allowance already. Throwing them away would be a waste as they're still usable. The best option is to give away but then there's the question of who? Who needs more plates, bowls and cutlery? Not to mention water bottles, teacups, post-it pads, photo frames and plastic containers?

The most agonizing decisions are my clothes. I've given away 1 big carton and filled up 2 big vinyl bags (they used to come in blue/red stripes, but have now modernised to have cuter designs like Winnie The Pooh). But because of the limit, I've to leave 1 bag behind.

Thank God, slowly but surely, we're making progress. In between working and gatherings with family/friends saying farewell, transferring ownerships, we've managed to clear most of the items in our storeroom, cupboards and wardrobe. The next week is gonna be even crazier. As we countdown one week to our departure, we'll be moving out of the house, sending the maid home and giving up our car. For our relatives and friends that we've not been able to catch up before we leave, we are so sorry. We'll buy you tea the next time we meet again...