Friday, May 29, 2009

2 Front Teeth

Yesterday, at 6 years, 9 months and 19 days old, KK lost his first milk teeth. Well, to be exact, it was the first 2 front teeth of the lower jaw. They both dropped out about 1 hour apart.




His teeth had been wobbily and shaky for a while. We were already prepared that it will be anytime soon before he no longer has a complete set of milk teeth and joins the company of some of his 'boh-gay' classmates. So we'd taken a few photos of him with his mouth wide open. Not the most artistic of shots, I admit, but it serves our purpose of remembering his set of little baby teeth.





Now you see it...

I was actually looking forward to this day, cos the teeth was so wobbly it's affecting his eating. He can't pull at a chicken wing wholeheartedly and even his favourite inari sushi has to be stuffed in through the corner of his mouth. So when he showed me his little tooth, wrapped in a piece of tissue, after he came back from his gym class, I asked him how he felt. "Nothing." he replied nonchalantly. It was with this same nonchalance that he spitted out his second teeth during dinner 30 mins later. There isn't any tooth fairy stories either. I know this boy will not buy it and I'll end up with more questions than I can answer, so I'll rather not waste my breath.







Now you don't...

The loss of these significant first teeth brings to me the same emotions as the appearance of them more than 6 years ago. The feeling of pride in him reaching another milestone in his life. The kind of feeling that all mothers will have when their child grows up, day by day, inch by inch, S size to L size.

No comments: