Thursday, April 1, 2010

Settling In

As far as the house is concerned, I am happy to say we are more or less settled in and beginning to enjoy the stay. Yes, the floral printed curtains are so 'obiang', the water pipes make loud sounds when someone is having a bath and the kitchen cabinet and taps looks like those in my grandmother's house, but upon living in, there are actually many areas which I appreciate.






The interior walls has in fact been newly painted and the floorboards are also new. Instead of hot and energy wasting downlights, which are very common nowadays in newer houses, there're lamps which we could convert to energy saving bulbs and are cooler. There are ample shades, shutters, blinds and curtains on the windows. This keeps the privacy in and the sunlight out, which makes the house cooler. Though my kitchen is smaller, I have a big walk-in larder. I don't have a walk-in wardrobe anymore but the built-in wardrobe is well compartmentalised and makes efficient use of the space. There are also extra wardrobes in the hall and laundry area for me to store my towels, bedsheets and shoes.










KK is also settled in his new school. In fact, I don't think he had any settling in issue at all to begin with. I'm so proud of the boy. He made no fuss at all when we told him he's going to a new school and on his first day, as we changed him into his new school uniform, it's like just another normal school day for him. Though he was quiet and admitted that he was slightly nervous, he joined the class obediently and we didn't have to stay long. Two days later we stared hearing names of the friends he played with during recess and two weeks later, he was comfortable enough to want to walk to school himself. Of course, we didn't allow that and still walked with him, but at a distance behind, as he requested, to "test" him out.






XX is the cute one. Until today, he'll sometimes ask if we're going back to the new house and he'll tell me this new house is better. The old house has got nothing, he says. He'd seen the empty house when we went back to do the cleaning up. He was so bored as there was no TV, no toys and not even a sofa for him to sit on.
It might not be display house quality but I'm happy enough, and as long as the family is happy too.

No comments: