Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good nights, Bad nights

Wonder what tonight will be like? Since 8 months ago, I have never had a complete night of undisturbed sleep. Baby X is still waking up a few times a night. Monday night was considered good by my standard, he woke up once at 3 am, drank a bottle of milk (without resistance) and went back to sleep contentedly. The next time I heard him was about 6am plus. I woke up happy and hopeful - maybe he'll start sleeping through the night soon.

Last night, my hopes were sustained. He woke up at 1 plus, but refused to drink the bottle of milk Hubby made. Then came 6am, he woke up and couldn't sleep back even after I breastfeed him. He also refused any more milk by the bottle.

Not sure how tonight will be, but judging from his crankiness this evening, I'm not very optimistic. Baby X has gotten the flu bug from his brother and it's causing him to feel miserable. His runny nose and coughs are indications that he's not well. I wonder what else is bothering him? Sore throat perhaps? Afterall, I'm having a sore throat myself. So I can understand it's not a nice feeling.

Brother KK, on the other hand, has almost fully recovered. KK himself didn't sleep through until 1 plus years old. Now he sleeps like a log every night, oblivious to the whimperings and cries of Baby X. I can't believe I'm going through this stage again and it appears that Baby X is not going to sleep through any sooner than his brother. In fact, I don't remember KK waking up so much by the time he was five months old. Baby X - when you will be like gor-gor?

10 - the sleepy and sleepless