Friday, December 21, 2007

Baby X renamed


It just occurred to me that with the passing of Baby X's first birthday, he can no longer, rightfully, be called 'Baby' X anymore. Indeed, if his recent actions and behaviour are any indications, Baby X has moved beyond the 'baby' stage already.


'Babies' are those that allow you to hold lying down in your arms, stays where you leave them, don't protest when you remove them from the bath tub, plays any toy you give them and drinks milk dutifully without pushing it away with his hand. Our boy nowadays exhibits his independence and exercises his human rights like a grown up. You can never force him to open his mouth if he doesn't want to. You cannot trick him to stay longer in one place than he wants to. And you absolutely do not pretend to ignore him when he wants you to carry him.


Hubby and I have this intuition that he's gonna be more than a handful compared to his brother. Maybe our memories fade with time but I believed KK was much more an angel at this age. I certainly don't remember KK arching his back and screaming in protest when I took him out of the swimming pool. It may have to be that the 'Naughty Corner' punishment be applied to him sooner or later.


So from today, I officially remove the title of 'baby' from Baby X. He shall be known as "XX" henceforth in my blog.