Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Heat is Up

Today has to be the hottest day since I set foot in Melbourne. The indoor thermometer read 36.9 degrees C at one point and Hubby even saw it at 38 degrees! Inside our bedroom upstairs, the temperature was 34.9 degrees.

Luckily it was still bearable downstairs. Upstairs has always been warmer than below, so in cold weather, it's nice. But now, it's better to stay downstairs. Besides, there's the air-conditioner there.

It was so warm that XX didn't sleep long for his nap. Hubby rushed to the supermarket to get a fan. Well, it helped circulate the air a little but it's still warm air blowing at you. Better than nothing, definitely.

Different from Singapore, the heat here is dry. So you don't perspire and don't feel sticky at all. However, you do feel dry and dehydrated. I can feel it in my nose and my skin.

I'm not sure if it was the heat or the tiredness, but XX was not behaving his usual self. His appetite was quite bad for lunch and even worse for dinner. He even vomited (all over the floor and me) and had some diarrhea. I hope he's not coming down with any illness.

Another thing I noticed. With the heat comes a lot more insects into the house. Are they all escaping the heat and looking for cooler places to hangout as well?

No comments: