Monday, June 15, 2009

$2

What can you get for $2 these days?

In Australia, the $2 is in the form of a small gold coin. Maybe because of this, many people seem to have this impression that $2 is loose change. I see many parents pop $2 into those kiddy ride machines for 2 minutes of merry-go-round for their child like it was just 20 cents. Call me stingy but I NEVER pay half that amount in Singapore, much less here.

The worse suckers are those that pay $2 for a try at those skill crane chocolate machines that allows you to move a crane over a pile of candies and chocolates to try to grab some. I have never seen anyone succeed with one attempt before. Please, bring your $2 to the supermarket and buy a bar of chocolate. You'll definitey get something to eat.

But hang on. Bring your $2 to The Movie Store. You can rent a recent blockbuster movie for a week for $2. We just borrowed "YES Man" and "Slumdog Millionaire" for $2 each.

At the Food Court, $2 cannot get you a drink. A can of Pokka guava juice cost me $3. But it can get you a Deluxe Cheeseburger from MacDonalds. At the market, $2 can get you a kilo of fresh chicken wings or a bunch of spring onion.

Some rather uncomprehensible logic. I've given up trying to make sense but learnt to make my 200 cents go the furthest distance for me.

No comments: