Saturday, March 13, 2010

Packing

We're in the final stages of packing and I really don't have time for blogging now but I just want to say that moving house is 10 times worse than getting married. Yes, the preparations for the wedding started months before but I seriously don't remember the last two weeks before the big day as being as tiring and as intensive as shifting home.

I'd told myself that we've made the biggest move ever moving from Singapore, moving from house to house can't be worse. Even so, the packing is never ending and exhausting. Over the last weeks, since we got possession of the keys, we've been moving our stuff over everyday by the car load. We've only been here for less than two years, but the amount of stuff we possess, occupying the depths of the cabinets, wardrobes, is frightening me.

We started with a little over 200kg of personal belongings. Over time, silently and slowly, one little purchase at a time, we've added to our collection furniture, plates, cups, saucepans, baking tins, plastic storage boxes, electronics, jackets, pyjamas, pants, shoes, toys.....the list goes on. Most of these purchases are neccessary for everday living and I'm well known to be prudent as a shopper. Plus there's always my CFO other half to counter check. Still, at moments like these, we regret 50% of our shopping extravagance.

Nevertheless, I feel I've done a pretty good job so far. I just have to press on and keep on packing. Everything will be cleared soon. Then begins the unpacking at the other side.

No comments: