Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hair & Style

Getting my kids to agree with me and do as I say seemed to be getting more and more challenging these days. Even XX, halfway through his "terrible threes", is determined to make Mummy's life difficult by challenging, with newly learned phrases (from who else but the older one) such as "that's not true", on issues such as what spread to put on his bread to TV/Wii/Computer time limits.

I just had one such disagreement with KK this morning about hair style and fashion. Yes, I accept that they are unique individuals with their own minds and are entitled to their opinions, but I just didn't expect the resistance to come so early. Already, we had to bribe him with bubble tea to get his hair cut yesterday. Today, it was another round of arguing about how to comb that hair. I don't really care usually how he combs his hair or even if he combs it for that matter. But today, it was his school's photo taking session! I can't afford to have him looking like a nerd or hooligan in the school portraits that we paid $32 for and will keep as a remembrance for the rest of his life!

It was a fantastic haircut and I think he looks very handsome with a cleancut look but our boy insisted it was ugly. He asked why he couldn't keep his hair long like some of his other classmates. I offered some gel to help style it but he didn't like whatever I did. Instead, he plastered his fringe together and then try to make it defy gravity. I think he will end up looking like one of those Gundam or Bakkugan characters. So how can I not step in? Thus started the argument about what constitutes "cool", which leads him to talk passionately about fashion and how I don't know anything about it.

There really was no conclusion cause beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. In the end, I just pleaded with him to trust my judgement before he hops off the car. I can't wait to see the photos when they turn out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi hi Sister, can we see Kk's new haircut.. We are curious!!

Rdgs Pauline
12 sep 2010, sun, 6.32pm.