Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Applesauce Muffins


It's only the 2nd day of the school holidays and KK is already driving me crazy. This hyperactive boy cannot keep still for one minute unless he's playing computer games or watching TV. So when we limit his TV and computer times to a max of 1hr 30 minutes per day, technically I'm still left with 8hrs 30mins (after deducting 10 hours of sleeping time and 4 hours for lunch and dinner) that I've to occupy each day. Occupying him also means he'll have less chances of 'disturbing' his baby brother.

This morning, our mistake, Baby X crawled down to his brother's bed unnoticed and as a result, KK woke up at 0800hrs. He usually wakes up at about 1000hrs or later. Though I wanted to sleep more, I had to entertain his questions about his missing brochure, Transformers etc, in between drifting in and out of dreamland. The result: a tired and irritated start to the day.


After lunch, I decided to bake Applesauce Muffins instead of playing games. KK is supposed to help me and he did admire the sifted flour falling like snow, drill the batter using a whisk, beat up the egg and arrange the muffin cups for me. The recipe, which KK printed out from "www.nickjr.com" is really simple and the muffins actually taste quite good. I've reproduced the recipe here for those who wants to try it.




Ingredients A
2 cups Flour (sifted)
3/4 cup sugar (I use caster sugar)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt



Ingredients B
1 large egg lightly beaten
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I use homemade ones. Let me know if you need the recipe.)
1/2 cup of melted butter



Method: Simply combine Ingredients A and B separately then pour B to A. Blend well and scoop into pre-oiled muffin cups. Pre-heat oven to about 250 degrees celceius and bake for about 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Easy right?


Wish the rest of the day will be easy as well.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too nice that i finished them all myself.