Sunday, November 18, 2007

Growing in the night

I don't know since when, but 2 more teeth have cut through Baby X's gums and this brings his total teeth count to 6 - 2 above and 4 below. It's amazing, these teeth, they seem to grow in the middle of the night. One morning you wake up and there they are, two little white mountain peaks in the tiny mouth.

Talking about waking up, nowadays, I enjoy waking up. Make no mistake, I want to wake up everyday, eventually. But its the way one wakes up - leisurely, when you're no longer in need of sleep, or, hurriedly, disturbed by the alarm clock or by the thought that you might be late for work. Since I don't have to work on most days, I've been doing the 'leisurely wake-up' routine. It's a great feeling also, when you open your eyes, to see your kids' sleeping faces right next to you. The past few nights when Hubby was out of town, I have KK on my right and Baby X on my left in bed. It's a tight squeeze but the feeling is very cosy as well.

I really don't mind sleeping with my kids. Some books or people will want to encourage their kids to sleep independently in their own beds or rooms as soon as possible. But I'm not in a hurry. Sometimes, I like to hug KK like a bolster or gaze at Baby X sleeping contentedly in the crook of my arm. I always tell myself to remember and cherish these moments because they don't stay this size for long. Like teeth, children too seem to grow in the night without you knowing. Pretty soon, they'll be too big to hug and would probably prefer to cuddle someone else in the crook of their arms. So since they're all mine now, I'm smelling their skin and hair and chalking up enough sweet memories to last for the rest of my life.

No comments: