Friday, July 11, 2008

No Condensation!

If only the water was not so icy cold. Every morning, I wished I could brush my teeth without wetting my hands. However, despite the constant application of moisturizers and multi-layering of clothes, I realised that there are definite benefits to living in the cold and dry climate.

  • No condensation. You can bring out your milk, juices from the fridge and they don't leave a wet patch of condensation on your dining table.
  • Butter remains hard and requires no refridgeration.
  • Rubbish don't stink and insects don't visit your trash even if you've forgotten to clear them the night before. Over here, the rubbish collection trucks comes by only once a week.
  • Cornflakes and biscuits don't need to be stored in air-tight containers. In fact, just leave them in the cartons and they stay crisp and fresh for days.
  • You always get ice-cool water without adding ice. Red wines need not be chilled before drinking.
  • Ice-cream stays cold and hard longer after you take if out of your fridge.
  • I get to wear all my winter coats, jumpers and woolies which I've been accumulating in the cupboard for years.
  • You don't need to change your clothes everyday because you don't perspire at all. In fact, you don't even need to bathe everyday.
  • I finally get to wear those knee-high boots and don't feel so out of place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sorry. have wanted to add this comment under KK's new school adjustment entry but can't find the comment button. Anyway, wanted to ask if you have also registered KK for P1 in Spore. When I was in Shanghai, a few of my Spore frens there registered and paid school fees for their kids in Spore school even tho they are in SHA cos they will be guaranteed a place when they come back. Not sure if this is going to be helpful to you but I thought I should share with you. BTW, what is your messenger, maybe we can chat online. cheers, jessie