Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Holidays

My Christmas Present to Hubby



Time passes really fast. After XX's birthday celebration, we attended another birthday party the next Saturday, then a few days later, it's Christmas Eve already. It was a quiet Christmas Eve for us. We had a simple dinner of Chicken Rice. No roasted turkey, but it's still a bird nonetheless...hee.

Christmas Day, the kids opened the rest of their presents from the Grandparents and aunties/uncles in S'pore. They merrily ripped away while it's constant collecting and crushing of loose wrappers and boxes for us. They were the happiest and luckiest that day as we attended 2 gatherings and they collected more presents.








After breakfast, I started to get busy, making 'Lo Mai Fan' (Glutinous Rice) for the lunch gathering. It was well-received and we came home in the afternoon so XX can have a nap. While he was asleep, I made some Gingerbread Man cookies for the evening party. In between, I also made some Min Jiang Kueh for tea as a pilot friend of Hubby was in town and he came over to our place.

We were dead tired by the time we reached home at about 11pm. But I still can't go to bed yet. As Hubby sent his friend back to the hotel, I started packing. Yes, we're leaving for a short holiday the next day and we've not even started packing. Procastination is the word. I think we went to bed at about 1am that night.

The next morning, Boxing Day, I got out of bed at about 8am, awoken by XX. Which was just as well. Cos I'm heading for the Boxing Day SALES happening everywhere! I found out at the party that evening before that over here on Boxing Day, retail stores everywhere slashed their prices up to 70% for some crazy 'Stocktaking' 'Clearance' Sale. Many big stores even open early. In downtown Myers, people will start to queue up outside the store as early as 4am to wait for the doors to open at 6am. It's that good that some of the friends there were talking at meeting each other for shopping at 6 or 7 in the morning!

Well, I didn't go down to Myers as there wasn't anything much that I was looking to buy there. But I did go to Spotlight to try my luck for a sewing machine that I've been thinking of buying. The store was having a 20% storewide discount. Still not good enough to meet my budget. However I did end up buying the rotary cutter, cutting mat and quilter's ruler at 20% less. I also got 2 kids sleeping bags at 50% discount over at Big W's and some good quality chocolates at 40% off.

By 1pm, we've started our drive to our holiday destination at Ballarat. I was so tired that I actually slept in the car. (I don't easily fall asleep in cars these days.) I thought that these few days should be good for me to catch up a little on my rest but the first night here proved me wrong.

Find out what happened in the next post!

No comments: