Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year Already!

I really mean it when I say 'Time flies' nowadays. In a flash, our 3-day holiday to Ballarat was over, 2009 arrived and it's gonna be Chinese New Year in about 3 weeks.

Have you ever noticed that time moves faster as you get older? I remembered when I was a kid, I waited and waited for a the longest time ever for my next birthday to arrive. But this time, it was just like not too long ago that I celebrated my birthday in Melbourne when I came over for the house hunting trip and now, there's less than 5 months to go before I move one digit up in my age (again). Can you believe we're already stayed in Melbourne for more than 6 months?

2008 has been an extremely busy and significant year for us. It is indeed the year we 'reap the rewards of our decisions' (see my post last year). From the day we decided to make the move till now, it has a been an exciting journey of learning, adjusting and discovering. Of course, we miss all our love ones and friends back in Singapore, especially during festive seasons. Other than that, I'm glad we made that decision.

On a personal front, since I've stayed home with the kids doing 'home duties', I've learnt (about cooking and baking) and also discovered a lot about myself. I'm doing things that I've not previously thought I'm capable of doing. The kids still drive me crazy but overall, I think I'm happier.

Well, I've promised to write more about our holiday in Ballarat but I'll like to postpone it to the next post. I just want to end off here wishing everyone a Happy New Year and may 2009 be a peaceful and fulfilling year for all!

2 comments:

Gladys said...

Hi! Decided to drop by to read your latest postings.

From what I've read, and see in the pictures, I can sense that you are really, really happy and that's great!

The boys are coming into their own now, and yup, your upcoming months and years would be more interesting, I believe. Just remember to take more time-out, gal!

That's all for now. You take care.

Pink Lavender 10 said...

Hi Gladys,

thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Yes, I'm indeed happy here as I don't have to work and get to do those things that I like! Haha...

You take care too! Hope to meet up with you soon!!