Tuesday, January 1, 2008

An End, A Beginning

Happy 2008, everyone! Btw, I've been working on this post since last year, no kidding!


So even though such reflections on the past year should have been done on New Year's Eve, I have no choice but to ask you to bear with me as I recount a little of the year's triumphs and trials.


If 2006 was the year of 'anticipation' - awaiting the arrival of XX, then 2007 was the year of 'decisions'. In 2007, I decided I've had enough of full-time employment. Though it meant leaving a secure job and stable income, I decided to take a leap of faith. There are many reasons for that decision, but mainly I decided that wasn't the way I wanted my life to be. Overall, I'm pleased with my decision and have not looked back since.



Family-wise, Hubby also decided to change to a new job, we decided to employ a full-time domestic maid, and KK decided he did not like morning session classes after all.

KK started 2007 by going to morning session K1, but he couldn't adapt to waking up early. However, he stubbornly refused to agree to a change to the afternoon session as he liked his teacher and classmates. After 3 months' struggle, we changed him to afternoon session regardless. Our life became less stressful immediately.

Well, looking forward, if 2007 was the year of 'decisions', I hope 2008 will be the year we reap the rewards of our decisons. Judging from the events leading up to it, 2008 promises to be a busy year ahead. For the record, I spent the last 2 minutes of 2007 brushing KK's teeth (I missed countdown). 20 minutes later, XX woke up demanding his first bottle of milk in 2008. Our tenant has moved out so today, Hubby is spending his New Year's Day cleaning up the flat while I am babysitting XX now.

Got to go!