Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Price of Beauty

The price we pay for our crowning glory!

$280 + 4.5hours + eating dinner sitting on the salon chair.

Yesterday, I spent almost 5 hours sitting still while 2, sometimes 3 people hovered around my head, tugging and pulling at my hair, spreading various cream and substances. Occasionally I even had cling wrap spread over my forehead as I sit perspiring under a big helmet that blows out steam. The sight of it is anything but beautiful and there's only one word to describe the feeling - torture!

But that's still considered mild. I once had these cables hanging from a machine and clipped all over my hair using large pegs. It was supposed to be some 'digital perm' and I really did look like a 'Digimon' (Digital Monster).

I really dread such 'hair-raising' situations. But as a woman, this is just one of the many injustice and sufferings we have to go through in the name of 'beauty'. No wonder people say, 'Beauty does not come without a price'.