Sunday, April 19, 2009

Movie World

Still on our Gold Coast holiday....We were recharged after a night's rest and charged right into Movie World the day after Sea World. My parents were undecided if they wanted to come along or spend the next two days prowling Surfers Paradise. In the end, they did and I believed they enjoyed themselves.






It was my 2nd time to Movie World. I would have been bored to tears if not for 2 things which made the A$69.95 entrance fee worthwhile. One is the new Hollywood Stunt Drivers show. This was the first thing we went for as the timing was just right. Unfortunately, my parents could not get in as Gong Gong got a tummyache and had to go to the toilet. By the time they got into the queue, there were no more seats. Luckily, they did manage to catch the next show. The show featured daredevil stunt driving involving 3 cars and a motorbike featuring a bit of movie editing. It was very thrilling to see 3 real cars spinning around on its 2 side wheels, doing 360 degrees turns and parallel park in one move. Just like in those Hollywood films. Hubby, KK and XX, who love cars, were naturally absorbed and entertained the whole time. Even I was impressed, especially the last part where there was an explosion.





The other memorable ride for me is the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. We missed that one the last time as KK missed the height requirement by 0.5cm. Now, we're determined to make up for it. The queue was quite long and we debated the age of Bro when my parents last brought him to Tokyo Disneyland as we waited. This is the kind of talk you go into when you're forced to stand together for 45 mins. Gong Gong and Po Po joined us too and were they in for a ride! The coaster ride is scary not so much for the ghosts and ghouls trying to frighten us. It's the sharp turns and speed that really rocks you left and right, forward and back in your car. The ride is all indoors so from outside, we had no idea it's gonna be so thrilling. For the first time in my life, I heard my father scream....;-) Later, he claimed he would never have got in if he'd knew it's like this!





The unfortunate thing is after this ride, I found out that I'd lost my handphone. I was told to put my bag on the floor and as the coaster car rocked left and right, several items from the bag rolled out from my no-zip sling bag. I knew things had fallen out and as I got out of the coaster, I'd looked down and checked, picked up my sunglass case. However I didn't see my handphone.





As soon as I checked and found it missing, I'd went back to the operator and informed him about it. However, the coaster had moved on to take another round of thrill-riders. The worst part is, all the coasters looked the same and there was no way I could tell which one I'd been on. The ride operator informed me that he'll look out for it and to check back with him later. If it's found, I will get it back there or at the Service Centre. I called my handphone and at times, it was still ringing, at times, no network. I only hope that it didn't get picked up by other people or worse, dropped out from the coaster into the depths of the dark ride. I lodged a report with the Service Centre but wasn't very hopeful about its recovery.





Amazingly, about 2 hours later, Hubby received a call from the Service Centre that my handphone had been found. Hallelujah! I guess my prayers were heard afterall! I was reunited with my phone after they ascertained that I'm the owner.





The rest of the rides and shows were not so appealing to me anymore. Shrek 4D Adventure was predictable and nothing more than just rocking in your seat with sprays of water. Half the time, I was holding and making sure XX did not get too scared by the jerkings and darkness. He got pretty scared while waiting for entry into the theatre and had refused to put on the 3D glasses which was just as well as it took away some of the scariness.





The Parade of Warner Bros characters was a far cry from that of Disneyland's. Well I can't blame them as Disneys does own many more magical characters which we all love. Overall, an enjoyable day, but I still think they can't beat the US theme parks.




No comments: