Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sea World

By the time we checked into the Farm House on the first day, there was nothing much that we could do except rush to the nearest supermarket in Nerang to stock up on groceries. What made it all the more urgent was the next day being Good Friday, all supermarkets will be closed.



At the Fish Detectives show





The next morning, we armed ourselves with ham and egg sandwiches before leaving for Sea World. The last time I visited Gold Coast, which was in Sept 2007, we missed out on Sea World. So this will be my first time there. I've been to Sea World in San Diego and I remembered I enjoyed myself very much there. I still remember Shamu, the killer whale, and wondered if they have one here too.





KK in his favourite ride








Like a typical theme park, Sea World has got shows and rides. There was, thankfully, a Sesame Street themed area with a lot of kiddy rides suitable for toddlers like XX. There was a new thrill ride called Jet Rescue but unfortnately, after queuing all the way, KK found out he couldn't make the height requirement and was pretty sore about it. As a result, I can't take the ride too. Well, to be honest, I was kind of nervous about the speed too, so I don't mind chickening out. Of the shows, we only managed to catch the Fish Detective, featuring seals. I can only say it's average. And there was no Shamu.








XX was so excited that day that he didn't take any nap at all. He crashed out in the car on the way to dinner and slept through as we ate at Surfers Paradise. We went back to a small Korean eatery that we discovered on our last trip. Hubby and I loved such small joints as they're usually family operated - mum's the cook and the son, the waiter. The food is authentic and delicious. Unfortunately, this time round, I was disappointed with my tofu Bimbimbap. There was too little rice, part of it burnt by the hot pot and the combination of flavours just didn't taste right.











XX woke up just as we finished dinner in a foul mood. We were walking back to our car, parked at Centro Surfers Paradise but he refused to walk. He insisted that I carry him and no one else can be a substitute. I wonder who this 2-year old inherited this kind of stubborness from. My arms were aching from one of the rides where we had to hoist ourselves up and from carrying him, so I put him down. This caused XX to fly off the handle and he stubbornly refused to walk nor be carried after that. He sat right in the middle of the street and no bribes or persuading worked. He protested furiously when we finally had enough of the soft approach and carried him off. We had to forcibly strap him to the car seat as he struggled and kick up a fuss all the way for 30 mins. He only calmed down when he had no more energy, I think. As you can imagine, all of us were super exhausted that night.















No comments: