Sunday, September 14, 2008

中秋节

I just realised, with about 3 hours left to the day, that today is 中秋节 (Mid-Auturm Festival aka Lantern Festival or Mooncake Festival). I had thought so but was confused by Hubby who told me it was next Sunday. Not that there's any real meaning in celebrating it anyway.

Traditionally, this is a day for 团圆 (reunion) and the family to gather. Back in Singapore, we'll meet at my parents place, probably just eat some mooncakes and have some chinese tea. Last year, I remembered KK went downstairs to the void deck to play with fire, I mean the lanterns, that Yiyi bought, burning down a few and torching some leaves in the process.

Well today, while others are eating slices of mooncakes, we had slices of Hawaiian pizza. And we did light a candle, for the chocolate fondue. I guess that's close enough. XX did play with his Winnie The Pooh lantern, all the way from dear Popo in Singapore, for about 1 minute tonight. But we'll leave the fire playing till tomorrow night I guess, weather permits.

On a brighter note, I did meet up with my family in S'pore - online. Managed to have webcam video sessions with my sister, brother and parents. At least the night had a 圆满结束 (happy ending).

No comments: