Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Are We There Yet? (Images Added)

It has been more than a year since I travelled internationally. Although the 8-hour flight from MEL to SIN is only considered medium haul, alone with the 2 active kids in Economy Class, I'm mentally preparing myself for a long long time in the fuslage.




The children were really well-behaved at the airport and on the plane. It was a day flight and we had reached the airport at 1330hrs. I expected the kids to be active during the flight but surprisingly, XX fell asleep during take-off and only woke up 3 hours later. That left me with only 5 hours of nannying and a lot of personal time to browse the newspapers, watch a movie and enjoy my meal while he napped. KK took care of himself most of the time with the in-flight entertainment system. Although Hubby came down once or twice during the flight from Business Class to check on us, there was nothing much that he needed to help.



After XX woke up, I fed him his pasta and introduced him to the entertainment system to keep him occupied. The only challenge came when XX wanted to go to the toilet. The queue was very long at the lavertories as it was just after the meal service. Nobody volunteered to let me go first on account of the toddler I was carrying so I decided to go visit Hubby in Business Class and ask him to take XX to the Business Class toilets. Unfortunately, Hubby was sleeping like a child when I got there. Regardless, I asked the crew if I could use their toilet and of course, SIA's crew seldom say no.

Even though my children were extremely well-behaved and I was having a relatively comfortable flight compared to the mummy on the other aisle, I was still relieved for the flight to end. After 8 hours, I was running out of toys to keep XX occupied and am utilising my lifeline of candies. Even KK is getting bored. There's only so much you can watch do on the AVOD. I cannot imagine if I have to continue another leg of journey to Europe after this!

No comments: