Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10th Anniversary


4 days ago it was our 10th wedding anniversary and what was I doing?




We woke late that day, had a simple brunch, started another load of laundry, vacuumed the house and supervised KK with some Maths assessment. A very ordinary day. For dinner, we have decided to eat out, at a nearby Chinese Vietnamese restaurant. Unfortunately, just as we were about to leave for dinner, a wave of nausea and fatigue swept over me. I thought initially that I was just overtired from the housework but when I felt a little dizzy in the car, I knew something was not right with me. I didn't know it then, but that was the start of a viral attack that left me aching and restless, followed by bouts of diarrhea over the next 3 days. I sat listlessly through dinner, unable to enjoy the yummy roast duck and hot plate tofu in front of me. That about sums it up for the actual day we got married to each other a decade ago.




But don't feel bad for me that I've had such a lousy day. In fact, our celebrations for our 10th anniversary started weeks ago. It was in bits and pieces, all over the place literally, but still a complete celebration for me. I got the gift first, the most expensive gift I've ever received from him, in S'pore. Then I got the card in KL. Nothing very creative but sincere nonetheless. And we had a fusion Japanese dinner in KL where we dined on high quality food with exquisite flavours, all specially designed, artistically presented and made to order by the owner, who is our friend's friend. It was a treat for the eyes as well as the palate.





Appetizer - cold egg custard, pumpkin tempura with truffles butter, seaweed in vinegar, pan fried tuna with foie gras, , japanese tomato with carpaccio sauce, japanese season mackerel pike




Japanese style mini pizza





Kobe Beef with foie gras





Our main course - choice of Tomato Rissotto, Yellow noodles or Braised Wagyu Beef with baked mashed potato




I think more significant than the value of the gift, extravagance of the dinner or the creativity of the card, this wedding anniversary for me is a very meaningful one. 10 years is not a long time but it's not short either. The marriage has it's fair share of good and bad times, but I think we've weathered along pretty fine. Both of us have put in our fair share to make it work, though I believed there were at times a lot more patience and tolerance on his part....;-p! Although the anniversary celebration was scattered everywhere and anywhere, what I can feel consistently is the 100% appreciation of me and my contributions to the family my other half is trying to show. That is important for me.





Our friend of more than 10 years, Di with his wife to be, and an array of exotic flavours of ice-cream for dessert




The actual day has passed but celebrations are still not over. I have some other plans which are still work-in-progress, to commemorate the 10 wonderful years we have shared with each other together. Happy Anniversary, Lo Gong!



2 comments:

Aurorin said...

Wow 10 years! Congrats to you both. More good years ahead! Heh heh

Pink Lavender 10 said...

Thanks Aurorin! Believe you and your family are settling down well here in Australia?