Friday, October 12, 2007

3 Nights Escapade to KL

For our 8th wedding anniversary this year, Hubby brought me along to KL on his working trip. The main feature of this trip – the kids stay home! With the help of kind and capable Grandmum, it was just the 2 of us as we took Flight SQ106 and checked into Hilton KL Sentral. The room was luxurious enough. ‘Not enough space to put a baby cot though’, I noted. But of course, there’s no need for that.

Without delay, Hubby and I headed for Mid-Valley. For dinner, we discovered a cheap and good Korean restaurant that serves Bulgogi for 2 at a superb price of RM25.90. After dinner, we walked past the cinema and looked at each other. Why not? It’s been long since we watched an uninterrupted movie together. Just like that, we decide, we do it. No chance if the kids were around. That’s still not the end of the night. We met up a friend at 11pm and headed off for drinks at SkyBar on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel.

The next 2 days, I felt exactly like a kept woman. While waiting for my man to finish work, I lazed around the room, met an ex-colleague for lunch and shopped like crazy around Bukit Bintang. Evenings, we were entertained by tapas at Le Bodega (in Bangsar), Naan Taj Mahal (pizza like naan, complete with cheese and mayonnaise, served together with daal etc) at Restoran Mosin, foot and back massages, Big Apple donuts at The Curve, another movie and a supper of Maggie Goreng. Both nights, we reached back hotel only after 1am – never been out so late since 2002. But reliving our couple days lifestyle was a great feeling.

The last day, we checked out of hotel and I checked into Sembunyi Spa at Cyberview Lodge for a 3 hour pampering session. The package I took is Rosa Canina - consisting of Massage followed by Body Treatment and Facial. They started by inviting me to the Sauna, Steam Bath and Jacuzzi for a dip. Then I was brought to a cozy little room where the massage lady Dian gave me a Traditional Balinese Massage using Rose Geranium oil. Next it was scrub time using black rice, lime peel and milk. For the body mask, algae was applied all over and I was wrapped like a sushi with a hot blanket. No wonder this treatment is called the California Roll.

During the “Renew Me” facial, honey and yoghurt were first used to cleanse my face, followed by a scrub using Chinese Almond, oatmeal and cucumber. After the steam, Dian applied Earth Essence mask on my face. This was followed by a peppermint cold towel to tone and for the moisturizer, it was Herbal Day Balsam with precious herbs. Heavenly! I almost had to pry myself off the massage bed when she told me it was finished.

To all parents out there, don't forget to live life without the kids once in a while.


No comments: