Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Long & Short of Sleep

More updates on Baby X's sleep.

For the past few nights, I observed a definite improvement in the duration of his night sleep. From about 9pm, Baby X will sleep all the way until about 5 plus in the morning. After that, he'll start to toss about, doing irritating things in the dark, like groping for me, any part of me. Once his hands detect something human, he'll dig his fingernails into my flesh. All these with his eyes still closed. Between efforts of trying to get away from his 'poison fingers', I'll have to ensure that he doesn't fully awake to ask for milk. This morning I managed to do that and keep him asleep till about 7am.

I also noticed that if he's fed at 5 plus, he's able to continue sleeping till about 8.30am or 9am. Otherwise, he'll awake with the first ray of sunlight.

2 things I'm thinking of buying: another kiddie mattress and blackout curtains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's going to fund for the curtains?

Pink Lavender 10 said...

I thought of deducting it from Baby X's pocket money but then again....isn't that our money as well?