Friday, October 19, 2007

Baby X's Progress Continues

Baby X has upgraded from a 'commando crawl' to an 'animal crawl'. He uses his kneels and palms to move forward rather than his forearms and thighs, cleaning the floor with his stomach previously. Walking-wise, he's still a little nervous and lacks confidence. He can pull himself up effortlessly nowadays and actually stands quite well unassisted - until he REALISES you're NOT holding him. Then self-doubt kicks in and his knees wobbles. Instinctively, he'll want to sit down unless you hold him up.



In the sleep department, Baby X surprised us last night by not waking up for milk through the night. This doesn't mean he didn't wake up though, he still tossed about, dug his head into my chest, sat up with eyes closed and made whimpering sounds. Somehow, I just managed to pat him back to sleep again. Still, that's already a big encouragement for me. Does that mean the end of the tunnel is near? Previous experience has taught me not to hold my hopes too high. As with all performance indicators, I need to see a trend. Let's pray hard for tonight.



No comments: