Tuesday, May 6, 2008

2 Little Shitty Accidents

We have started toilet training XX recently by letting him wear shorts/briefs at home instead of diapers, bringing him to the potty periodically. After he wakes up from sleep or nap, we'll bring him to the potty to pee. He's still young but it's good to start getting him used to the idea that there are other kinds of 'toilets' (and underwear) besides his diapers.



Of course, accidents will happen. XX still cannot communicate and control his urge to go to the toilet although sometimes if we are observant, we can catch some body language that tells us he needs to go. But yesterday and today there were 2 little shitty accidents.

Yesterday, KK, XX and I were playing bubbles outside the house. I took my eyes off the bottle of soap solution for one moment to blow some bubbles and XX toppled the bottle, spilling soapy solution at our doorstep. As I took a rag to wipe the floor, I smelled a foul smell. Before my brain can even start to interpret what smell it was, I saw the culprit standing there with a lump of stool by his feet. XX had shitted and he wasn't wearing his diapers! I was caught off guard with my soapy hands and before I could do anything, XX started moving and he stepped onto the 'you-know-what'! I didn't know what to do except to scream for the maid! Today, XX again passed motion in his pants and we didn't know it until he started walking and the dung dropped out onto the floor!

You know what I mean...our little angel, so cute, so clever, so sweet (when he's asleep)....you beam with pride everytime he smiles at you. Two seconds later, they make a mess and you wonder where this little devil's naughty genes come from. But you can't stay angry for long, because after all the trouble they make, they still look at you innocently and give you their most angelic smile.

Here's a pic of our lil'Devil with wings.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, I am also trying to potty train justin who is now 25 month but it seems it is rather difficult with boy versus girl. Also, the fact that I am not at home everyday to keep a strict routine. Do let me know if you have have any tips in toilet training...

10 said...

I thought boys will be easier?...can see mah! ;-)

Anyway, each child varys. It was relatively easy with KK last time but for XX...still too early to tell.

Most important is to be consistent. For eg, keep the potty in a fixed location so the kid knows this is where he goes if he feels like going. I have noticed that sometimes XX actually goes to point at the potty and when I put him to it, he actually urinates. Once when grandmum mentions that she wants to go to the toilet, XX went and put his little toilet seat on top of the toilet bowl for her! He's getting the idea and I think that's a good start already.

Lastly, just have to be patient. I'm sure they're be toilet trained by the time they're 21!