Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bruised, Not Battered

Pain...on my chin, my elbow and neck. I guess this must be how it feels like if you've been in a fight but I'm hurt at various parts of my body and all for different reasons. The superstitious will probably believe I'm down on my luck recently.

Ouch - my chin. Hurt by none other than my son. KK had asked me to swing him and as I bent down to pick him up, I was momentarily distracted by XX. And KK has to chose this timing to jump up. So his head crashed into my chin so hard that my jaws closed together. Thank God, my tongue wasn't in between my teeth then!

Ouch Ouch - my elbow. I was arranging and rearranging stuff into boxes. While taking a box down from the top shelf in the storeroom, I forgot that I was still one more step on the ladder away from the floor. So I took a stumble and tumbled towards the doorway, knocking and scraping my elbow on the door. Another bruise.

Ouch Ouch Ouch - my neck. Well, I sustained this during the massage yesterday afternoon but it was only this morning when I woke up that I realised it hurts. This was the most unwarranted injury and I actually paid money for it!

Yesterday, Hubby suddenly invited me for a massage session. There was this spa promotion which advertised a 'Revitalising' program consisting of a scrub, sauna and body massage for only $49.90. Well, I thought that sounds quite enticing. However, our experience couldn't be worse.

Firstly, the receptionist lady 'booboo-ed' by mixing up the sequence. I went for a sauna immediately upon reaching and after that, I was told I should have done the scrub first. Now, because my pores are all open from the sauna, it was not advisable to do the scrub. It was only when I expressed my disappointment that she sheepishly apologised. She offered me an extra 20 mins of massage instead. Luckily I didn't take that. Or I could change to the other $28 promotion package which has just a massage and sauna. I took her word for it and agreed.

The massage was just about 30 mins and the whole works was on the neck and back. I realised this was not the usual 'aromatherapeutic' style of massage when I ask the Chinese massuer what style of massage she was using. She couldn't define it and in the end said something like 'a lot of Singaporeans do this'. Anyway, despite my requests to go light, the massage hurts as she uses a lot of pressure on the acupunture points. Hubby and I have this common understanding that a massage should be relaxing and enjoyable. I hate it when half the time of the massage, my muscles are tensed up and my face has a look that is anything but relaxed.

Because of the reduced timing of my program, I waited about 10 mins for Hubby after I'm done. When we paid up, I asked for a copy of the flyer which advertised the promotions. I found out that for my $28 promotion package, there was supposed to be a Foot Spa included. Hey, how come I was sitting there doing nothing for 10 mins and nobody told me about it? I was not in the know because of the last minute change of package but the receptionist lady should know better. I actually u-turn back to question her and she gave me another sheepish smile and apology. Though it was just a 5 mins soaking of my feet in a tub of hot herbal water and I was already dressed to go home, I still went ahead to do it. It's a matter of principle and even though she said I could go for a longer foot spa the next time we come, I seriously don't think I'll come back again. Guess what? The foot spa turned out to be the most relaxing and enjoyable part of the experience!

No comments: