Monday, August 10, 2009

A Very Chocolatey Cake




KK turned 7 on Singapore's 44th National Day. This year, we decided to hold a party for him at an indoor playground, inviting 10 of his friends to celebrate with him. At his age, this kind of party suits him best - except for the cake and lollie bags, I don't need to prepare anything else and there's no mess to clean up afterwards. More about this place in the next post!



KK is a chocolate lover and he requested for a "very chocolatey birthday cake". That was easy enough, thank God! If he'd requested for a "Star Wars" or "Transformer" cake, mummy would have to wave the white flag. I have on hand a tested and well-received Australian Women's Weeky Rich Chocolate Cupcake recipe. I just had to try to bake it as a whole cake and see if it worked.



It did and so KK got his chocolatey chocolate cake with homemade chocolate hazelnut spread as a filling (which I'd made earlier), topped with chocolate ganache and decorated with chocolate balls, chocolate shavings and chocolate fingers! I had imagined how to decorate it days before and I was so excited when it was finally time to decorate it! This was the most fun part of making the cake.







KK absolutely loves the cake. I love the sparkle in his eyes when he saw the completed cake in the morning. At that time I hadn't decided to write the words yet and when I asked him, he said he wanted it. So I practised a bit before writing these 'maiden words' on a cake! Not too ugly, ya? The smiley face was also a special request from my silly son. I'm very happy with the final look. Most importantly, I'm glad that it also tasted moist and super duper choco-licious!
Happy Birthday KK!



No comments: