Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Final Chapter

2 more weeks to the end of my job and counting down.

As I enter into the final chapter of a career that's spanned nearly 10 years, I can't help but feel emotional. Aptly, the very last batch of trainees I've trained graduated today. My last 'bunch of crew'. As I watch them perform and receive their graduation letters on stage, my mind floated to the day more than 9 years ago, where I was on the same stage, performing, receiving my letter and winning the best groomed award.

Yesterday, I was introduced to a new colleague, who has just come 'on ground'. He recognised me as the interviewer who interviewed him 3 years ago. I'd told him "I'll give you a chance." And now he's here. Kind of nice to know you had a role to play in creating turning points in someone's life. "I'm glad I gave you that chance." I said to him.

I know time will never turn back and the day has finally come for me to hang up my kebaya - for good. (I've always harboured hopes of wearing it again one day.) As I close this book after the final chapter, I will begin starting a new book. Like my trainees, I'll be moving on to another stage in my life. The past 10 years has been both enriching and fulfilling. Without the past chapters, I wouldn't be what I am today. I'm sure I will look back with fondness on the many memories I've created. It's gonna be hard saying goodbye to the 'world' I've lived and grown up with.

10

No comments: