Sunday, September 9, 2007

Holiday in Brisbane - update #1

2 September

We finally arrived at Brisbane at about 0640hrs. Boy, am I relieved to leave the aircraft. I didn’t sleep at all. Just as I was about to doze off, the crew switched on the lights for Continental Breakfast. Though the food sucks, I still ate the breadroll and drank 2 cups of tea. KK had fallen asleep and I decided to let him sleep longer.

It was a breeze clearing immigration and customs. The Australians are a friendly bunch, even the Customs officer is cheery as he checked our food items. Once out, Khim collected his car, a blue Mitsubishi Lancer and by 0800hrs, we’re driving to our accommodation.

Inside the car, sleep caught up with me so the 1 hour journey was a blur. We reached around 0900hrs. Since we can’t check in yet, we walked down the street for some breakfast (they call it ‘breaky’ here) of pancakes.

The fully equipped but unserviced apartment was cosy and tidy. Without further ado, we changed and jumped straight into bed for SLEEP! I woke up at about 1430hrs whereas Hubby slept till 1600hrs. KK had to be woken up at about 1700hrs as we wanted to go for early dinner.

We showered and drove to Oasis Shopping Center at Broadbeach Mall. We ended up eating at Bugzies Seafood Restaurant. They served ½ price lunch menu till 1830hrs so we took advantage of that and ordered rump steak for only $17.90. They tasted great!!

As Hubby needs to get internet access to log onto, we drove to Gloria Jeans at Surfer’s Paradise for coffee and internet. I could not resist ordering some scones with butter and jam as dessert.

Back at our apartment, we were still very awake at 2300hrs. Singapore time, it’s only 2100hrs, not bed time yet. We had all brushed our teet and were preparing for bed when the issue of instant noodle popped up. I suddenly felt like eating some of the instant Korean noodles we brought from Singapore. Then Hubby looks at me and asked “feel like eating some noodles?” I smiled.

3 of us gobbled up 2 packets of noodles that night.