Saturday, September 1, 2007

Last Night in August

On the last night of August, my company has a function at The Arena. This is a pub at Clark Quay and of course, my first time there. The theme of the night was 'Rock n Roll' and quite alot of people were dressed to the 60's theme. Me? I had polka dots earrings. I was determined to enjoy myself since it's gonna be my last function. In the future, occasions that involves colleagues partying together will be rare.

I sensed a vast difference in the quality of air once I entered. In the past,the smell of stale cigarettes smoke never fail to put me off. But now, hey, I'm not sniffing and my clothes don't stink at all. This policy is one of the best thing our government has ever made!

The night went well and the music was great. We had a fun time taking pictures, looking at old pictures (on the tv screens) and guessing who some of these colleagues were when they were young. The food was good and wines were free flow. I really enjoyed myself, though I was quite disappointed that I didn't win any lucky draw prizes....never had much luck in such things. Have you ever noticed that for some people, they are always lucky at lucky draws? And big prizes somemore! We screamed when one of our colleagues won a Nintendo Wii console - and we know her - she will NEVER EVER be playing such things! My friend Gladys, who was eyeing that prize, banged her chest in frustration....why her? For me, I don't mind winning the Toshiba laptop but sigh, it went home with someone else instead.

After the draw, most people left. The remainder of us were entertained by oldies rock n roll music which got my stiff limbs moving unconsciously. It is certainly a great feeling to feel young and hip again. Knowing that everything is well at home and baby is sleeping already, I can party on a little bit longer - in peace. The best part is, my dearest Hubby offered to come and fetch me. So I don't have to worry about fighting for a taxi with the Saturday night party crowd.

This night will definitely be one of the most fun girls nights out in a long time to come.

10 - boogied and voiceless